the psychedelic swami
Ganesh Baba, Oakland, CA, January 1980
- Eve Neuhaus: Twenty Years in the Cycle of Synthesis: Reflections on the Teachings of Ganesh Baba
- Contents of Eve Neuhaus's book The Crazy Wisdom of Ganesh Baba (published by Inner Traditions Press)
- The Cream of the Troubadour Coffee House
A website by David Ryan containing some notes about Ganesh Baba and a collection of sayings (including some gathered by American poet Ira Cohen at the Kumbha Mela held at Allahabad in 1977), among which are:
Beware of the non-psychedelic.
We must express the dignity of poverty.
Don't count time if you want to evolve; if you count time you will revolve.
Kriya Yoga is cosmic communion through cosmic action. Cosmic action is already going on within you.
Reversal of reality is Maya's job. The reversal of that reversal is the guru's job.
A non-psychedelic can never enlighten a psychedelic.
Once a psychedelic, always a psychedelic.
Buck up or fuck up.
- The Philosophy of Swami Ganeshanand, 'Ganesh Baba'
Another page on David Ryan's website, with a statement of some principles of scientific spiritualisation.
... Cosmic Consciousness is the Common, the Highest Common, Spirit in the Cosmos, the Divine Spirit, the Unity that pervades the manifold diversity of the Universe. Realising that spirit is indeed the essence of spiritualisation.
The realisation of Universal Unity results in a harmonious rapport being established between the individual and the universal. A sense of belonging, a sense of affinity among all in the Universe wells up in the self-realised soul making for peace, happiness, bliss and beatitude. Universal Love acquires a practical significance for the one who has realised the Spiritual Unity of the Universe.
- Corinne Vandewalle: Ganesh Baba — in French; translated into English as The Life of Swami Ganeshanand Giri, 'Ganesh Baba'
The message of Ganesh Baba to modern man is that of harmonious synthesis (Ganeshian Synthesis) of all that is best in the systems of the East and the West, of Spirit and Matter, Positive and Negative, an equilibrium intended to ensure a happy life: not only trying to live happily without preparing also to die as happily as one lived.
- Christian Pilastre: La Spiritualisation Scientifique d'après Swami Ganeshanand Giri — to be found following the article in French by Corinne Vandewalle. (The photo of Baba at right was borrowed from this website.)
- Hari Meyers: A Visit to the Alaknath Mandir
Another visit to the Alakha Nath Temple in Bareilly.
- Images of Ganesha
- Ira Cohen and Hakim Bey, in a 1995 interview by Philippe Franck, remember Ganesh Baba.
- Here is a photo of Ganesh Baba with the beat poet Jack Micheline.
- Kumbha Mela, Ujjain, 2004 — another webpage by Dave Ryan, with a 10-minute video of the 2004 Kumbha Mela.
- The website of Dr. Roxanne Gupta (one of Baba's main students).
- Kalidasa's In Praise of Shiva
- Fictitious Tibet: The Origin and Persistence of Rampaism
An article by Agehananada Bharati, who, like Ganesh Baba, was a sannyasin in the Dashanami Order.
- Common Lies of the Phony World of Mystics
A copy of the Serendipity website is available on CD-ROM. Details here.
Indian Travel Diary Serendipity Home Page