Links to Libertarian and Liberty-Related Web Sites
- NSA Prism: Why I'm boycotting US cloud tech — and you should too
- Dave Patterson's Green Island
- The Declaration of Union of Peoples of the Earth, part of the website THE INVINCIBILITY OF A VISION
- Theory of the State
This website presents a theoretical and practical discourse from a libertarian perspective on what the state is and is not, what it can and cannot do, and what its real interests (underlying its every action) are.
- The Rude Macedon
The modern human predators are pretty smart though — and they've got all the herd beasts convinced that we live in a "society of laws" that we all must obey — the thing is, the predators demand that the herd beasts obey all the laws, and have set in place great bureaucracies full of scary cops with guns and radios and attitudes to let everyone know they are by fuck being watched to make sure they behave themselves, and somber courts designed to make one feel intimidated by the great and powerful and impartial majesty of the law when they are caught misbehaving, and stuff like that to ensure that they do, while not feeling very constrained by these laws themselves — any herd beast caught in any minor transgression gets hammered severely, while the predators generally live outside of these laws, routinely scamming us all for billions with nary a word of protest from anyone ...
- Together Forever Changing
- Statewatch — monitoring the state and civil liberties in the European Union
- A Stern Warning to the World about the New America
Section headings: Control of media, Police brutality, Asset forfeiture, Forcing a crime, Violation of ex post facto, Legislation without representation, Road closures, Citizen spies, Common police searches and Anonymous accusation.
- Liberty Forum
A community site dedicated to the establishment of Liberty as the ruling principle in society. This site features discussion of, news and current events, politics, philosophy and ethics, economics, and other topics of interest to individuals interested in Liberty.
- Loompanics Unlimited Online Store
The Best Book Catalog In The World
- The Center for Cognitive Liberty and Ethics
- Duncan Frissell: What's Our National Identity?
A National ID card is *not* really about identity. It is about authorization. ... [It] creates a government license for all jobs, all travel, all medical care, and many purchases. ... [A National ID card entails] a system in which the central government of a country must authorize in advance all of its citizen's activities.
- GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH
- The Empire of Atlantium and The Constitution of the Empire of Atlantium
- Human Rights Watch, including World Report 2001 and Women's Human Rights
We challenge governments and those who hold power to end abusive practices and respect international human rights law.
Liberty provides rigorously researched policy responses to [U.K.] Government consultations on all issues which have implications for human rights and civil liberties. We also submit evidence to Select Committees, Inquiries and other policy fora, and undertake independent funded research.
- The Libertarian Party
The Libertarian Party is your representative in American politics. It is the only political organization which respects you as a unique and competent individual. Libertarians believe in the American heritage of liberty, enterprise, and personal responsibility. Libertarians recognize the responsibility we all share to preserve this precious heritage for our children and grandchildren.
- Bryan Caplan's homepage
- Art's Free Speech
- MOSCOW LIBERTARIUM ... created to support Russian-speaking people in their efforts to build a free and prosperous society in Russia.
- The New American Revolution
- Dick Sutphen: The Basic Human Rights [link expired]
- It is your right to do anything as long as you do not purposely hurt someone else and you are willing to accept the consequences.
- It is your right to maintain your self-respect by answering honestly even if it does hurt someone else (as long as you are being assertive as opposed to aggressive).
- It is your right to be what you are without changing your ideas or behavior to satisfy someone else.
- It is your right to strive for self-actualization.
- It is your right to judge the need priorities of yourself and others, if you decide to accept any responsibility for another's problem.
- It is your right not be subjected to negativity.
- It is your right to offer no excuses or justifications for your decisions or behavior.
- It is your right not to care.
- It is your right to be illogical.
- It is your right to change your mind.
- It is your right to defend yourself.
- The Noam Chomsky Archive
Noam Chomsky is one of America's most prominent political dissidents. A renowned professor of linguistics at MIT, he has authored over 30 political books dissecting such issues as U.S. interventionism in the developing world, the political economy of human rights and the propaganda role of corporate media. This archive is hosted by ZNet, the web site of Z Magazine. It contains the full text to many of Chomsky's major works ...
- The International Society for Individual Liberty is an excellent source of literature (they put out a very interesting newsletter as well).
- The Libertarian Library
- Thomas Jefferson on Politics & Government
Over 2,100 excerpts under 55 topics describe the founding principles of American self-government.
- The Jeffersonian Perspective
More than fifty essays on today's social and political issues based on the writings of Thomas Jefferson.
- The Rainbow Dream Ticket Party [link expired]
Soon the whistle is to be blown on the silly game we have been coerced into playing and those who we have allowed to exercise power and priviledge will witness the demolition of their corrupt institutions. — Rainbow George
a haven for radicals, netizens, anarchists, libertarians, cyber punks, phreaks, crackers, hackers, freedom fighters, separatists, and what ever cast of sordid characters that may be interested in smashing the tyranny of the state and replacing it with a society based on trading value for value and the free association nurtured by the net.
- http://www.free-market.com/ — "A Starting Point for Liberty on the Internet"
- The American Civil Liberties Union
- Radio America
- Declaration of Hawaiian Independence
- The writings of the late Grugyn Silverbristle [link expired]
The political process has completely broken down. There is no dialogue. We, the opposition, are not even acknowledged to exist. ... While our national sovereignty was being betrayed, our senators and congressmen indulged in endless empty posturing over tax-cuts, medicaid and election finance reform, aware of what was going on, allowing the treason to occur. ... The mass-media and the universities have created an atmosphere that is positively surreal — an endless New Age morality play that is divorced from any realization that we have been betrayed, dispossessed and disfranchised ... that we are now a people without a country.
And yet, there is one last thing that they desperately need from us: they want your vote. They want you to participate in their Democracy. This is what gives them legitimacy. As long as people vote for them, you are endorsing their system. They still need that vestige of legality that is based on your consent. They don't care for whom you vote; what matters to them is that you vote, participate, and celebrate inclusion.
Deny them. ... [W]e should refuse to participate, because voting is a sign of approval, not of dissent.
Don't vote! Can't you see how your candidates are being selected and groomed? Reject the representatives that the system appoints for you, and reject their representation. Deny them legitimacy! Stop supporting their political machine, and prepare instead to subvert it.
By refusing to vote, we push the system toward its inevitable ideological meltdown. Their world government is based on lies, supported by the power of money; but now the lies are beginning to unravel. It is time to withdraw our support, challenge their legitimacy, and push their lies toward collapse. There is no Constitution. There is no Bill of Rights. There is no legitimate government. There is no America left to restore. We shall welcome the ensuing chaos as a return of liberty.
— Team Bush Betrays America
Liberty and Democracy Prohibition: The So-Called War on Drugs Serendipity Home Page