Articles Added 2007-2013
This is a continuation of the Recently Added Items section on the home page. Articles added before 2007 (some as far back as 1996) are given at Articles Added 2006 and Earlier. The articles shown below are listed in reverse chronological order, or in other words, from latest to earliest.
A copy of the entire Serendipity website is available on flash drive. Details here.
- The Saker: Putin's Biggest Failure
I believe that Putin is acutely aware that his real power basis is not primarily the Russian military or the security services, but the Russian people. This, in turn, means that for him to take any action [against the Russian 5th Column], especially any dangerous action, he must secure an almost unconditional level of support from the Russian people. That, in turn, means that he can only take such risky action if and when the crisis is evident for all to see and that the Russian people are willing to have him take a risk and, if needed, deal with the consequences.
- A long quotation from Eric Wargo's article “Dreams and the Art of Memory” has been added to Record of Dreams, with a comment by Peter Meyer.
- Wendy McElroy: "War is the Health of the State" — Its Meaning
[Randolph] Bourne's essays written in opposition to World War I ... are not typical of anti-war literature. ... The thrust of Bourne's essays is to attack the sanctity of war by showing how it leads to the moral collapse of society by kicking out the props (the principles) of peaceful interaction upon which society rests. ... Bourne addressed the less tangible, though arguably more significant, costs of war. ... In converting World War I into a holy war, the intellectual and psychological groundwork was being laid for future instances of what he termed "the sport of the upper class" — global conflict.
Which brings to mind what Shakespeare has Gloucester say in King Lear: "As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods [the global elite] — They kill us for their sport." Now is the time (for the sake of future generations and indeed for all life on Earth) to eliminate the global elite completely, with no possibility of their return.
- Christopher Bollyn: Suspicions about the Russian Plane Crash
The Russian aircraft went down south of Al Arish, near the border of Israel, very close to Israel's main cyberwarfare and computer hacking facility, Unit 8200, located on Kibbutz Urim. ... This Israeli spy facility would have had the ability to monitor and communicate directly with the aircraft's navigation system — without the knowledge of the crew. ... The fact that the pilot's last communication, from 30,000 feet, reported a malfunction in the airplane's wireless devices and that he asked for an emergency landing indicates that the airplane may have been in the process of being hacked externally through its satellite wireless connection.
- Vladimir Putin's 2015 Speech at the Valdai ClubRecently the United States conducted the first test of the anti-missile defence system in Europe. What does this mean? It means we were right when we argued with our American partners. They were simply trying yet again to mislead us and the whole world. To put it plainly, they were lying. It was not about the hypothetical Iranian threat, which never existed. It was about an attempt to destroy the strategic balance, to change the balance of forces in their favour not only to dominate, but to have the opportunity to dictate their will to all: to their geopolitical competition and, I believe, to their allies as well. This is a very dangerous scenario, harmful to all, including, in my opinion, to the United States.
- Peter Meyer: Peru Travel Diary
Accompany the brave and intrepid explorer as he ventures into the wild and little-explored regions of Chiclayo, Chachapoyas, Tarapoto, Tingo Maria, Pucallpa, Huánuco, Satipo and Huancayo.
- Sophie McAdam: Edward Snowden’s New Revelations Are Truly Chilling
In an interview with the BBC’s ‘Panorama’ ... Edward Snowden spoke in detail about the spying capabilities of the UK intelligence agency GCHQ. He disclosed that government spies can legally hack into any citizen’s phone to listen in to what’s happening in the room, view files, messages and photos, pinpoint exactly where a person is ... and monitor a person’s every move and every conversation, even when the phone is turned off. ... It’s one more reason to conclude that smartphones suck. And as much as we convince ourselves how cool they are, it’s hard to deny their invention has resulted in a tendency for humans to behave like zombies ... and prevented us from communicating with those who really matter (the ones in the same room at the same time). Now, Snowden has given us yet another reason to believe that smartphones might be the dumbest thing we could have ever inflicted on ourselves.
- President Vladimir Putin's 2015 Address to the United Nations General Assembly
[I]nstead of learning from other people’s mistakes, some prefer to repeat them and continue to export revolutions, only now these are “democratic” revolutions. Just look at the situation in the Middle East and Northern Africa ... what was the actual outcome? Instead of bringing about reforms, aggressive intervention rashly destroyed government institutions and the local way of life. Instead of democracy and progress, there is now violence, poverty, social disasters and total disregard for human rights, including even the right to life. I’m urged to ask those who created this situation: Do you at least realize now what you’ve done? But I’m afraid that this question will remain unanswered, because they have never abandoned their policy, which is based on arrogance, exceptionalism and impunity.
- Peter Meyer: Concerning the Nature of the DMT Entities and their Relation to Us
I suggest that before each of us humans became incarnate organisms in this natural world we were entities in the DMT World, and that during foetal development in the womb we made a transition from the DMT World to this world. ... [Or in other words] that an intelligent being in the DMT World, which is a “soul” in the sense discussed above in connection with Origen's cosmology, may be born in a human body, and that in fact most of us were once souls inhabiting the DMT World who have been incarnated in this way.
- Peter Meyer: Ayahuasca Report
- Henry A. Giroux: The Plague of American Authoritarianism
The renowned political theorist Sheldon Wolin ... claimed that in the United States an emerging totalitarianism has appeared in form different from what we have seen in the past. Instead of a charismatic leader, the government is now governed through the anonymous and largely remote hands of corporate power and finance capital. Political sovereignty is largely replaced by economic sovereignty as corporate power takes over the reins of governance. The more money influences politics, the more corrupt the political culture becomes. Under such circumstances, holding office is largely dependent on having huge amounts of capital at one’s disposal, while laws and policies at all levels of government are mostly fashioned by lobbyists representing big business corporations and financial institutions.
- The Saker: Europe in Free Fall
- The 28-member EU makes no economic sense
- The EU is on the verge of a social and cultural collapse
- The EU is just a colony of the United States unable to defend her own interests
- The EU is in a deep political crisis
- The Saker: MH-17 One Year Later
US and Russian AWACS aircraft are always present when a conflict occurs anywhere near Europe. ... Besides their AWACS, the Americans and Russians also use their space-based satellites to monitor any conflict zone. ... I would expect the US could provide much more data than just radio intercepts. And yet the US has provided exactly nothing. There is only one logical possibility for that otherwise bizarre US refusal to provide any data at all: the US data points to the “wrong” party. In other words, the fact that the US is not releasing any data at all is, by itself, an indirect proof that the Ukrainians did it.
- New links have been added to The Myth of Apollo.
- Ernst Zündel and the Zündel Heresy Trial has been updated with two comments to a Saker article about France’s CRIF-run regime.
- Alberto Miatello: World Trade Center Collapse as Inelastic Collision
[We] can mathematically prove that neither the collapsing top of WTC2 nor (especially) the top of WTC1 could have crushed a mass significantly larger than its own. The top 30 collapsing floors of WTC2 could destroy — at most — 33 more floors beneath, and the 12 collapsing floors of WTC1 could barely possess the energy to crush 15 more floors beneath [after which the collapse would stop].
- Gun Control
- Dr Alan Sabrosky: Treason, Betrayal and Deceit: The Road to 9/11 and Beyond
[Only] two intelligence agencies had the expertise, assets, access and political protection to execute 9/11 in the air and on the ground: our CIA and Israel’s Mossad. Only one had the incentive, using the “who benefits” principle: Mossad. And that incentive dovetailed perfectly with the neo-cons' agenda and explicitly expressed need for a catalytic event to mobilize the American public for their wars, using American military power to destroy Israel’s enemies.
- Gun Control
Censorship in Australia
Saker Community promotional video
- Additional links to articles concerning The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) plus links to articles concerning The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and The Trade In Services Agreement (TISA)
- Censorship in the United Kingdom
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership and the TPP, the TTIP and the TISA
- Milena Rampoldi Interviews Gilad Atzmon
- The page New Declaration of Independence has been updated with excerpts from John W. Whitehead's article Battlefield America: The War on the American People.
- The U.S. National Security Act of 1947, the Origin of "Plausible Deniability" and the Assassination of JFK
In the course of experimenting in the dark truth of JFK's death, the ongoing, deepening historical hypothesis of this book [JFK and the Unspeakable] has been that the CIA coordinated and carried out the president's murder. That hypothesis has been strengthened as the documents, witnesses, and converging lines of inquiry have pointed more conclusively at the CIA. Yet understanding that the CIA coordinated the assassination does not mean that we can limit the responsibility to the CIA. To tell the truth at the heart of darkness in this story, one must see and accept a responsibility that goes deeper and far beyond the Central Intelligence Agency. The CIA was the coordinating instrument that killed the president, but the question of responsibility is more systemic, more personal, and more chilling. Thomas Merton described it rightly as the Unspeakable.
- Political Assassinations in the US, 1972-2011
- To the page entitled Why Obama Lost His War in Ukraine has been added some extracts from Robert Parry's excellent summary of the events in Eastern Europe during the twelve months since the February 2014 putsch in Kiev, Nuclear War and Clashing Ukraine Narratives.
- The Saker: Brainwashed Zombies and HypocritesDid you notice how all these Takfiri freaks "just happen" to have had plenty of contacts of all sorts with Western security services? It's like a Ku Klux Klan meeting in the USA: for ten hooded participants you have two morons and eight Federal agents working undercover. Same exact deal for these Takfiris. And then the two morons do something really really bad, and the eight Federal Agents "just happen" to vanish into thin air (or "commit suicide"). Does that have anything to do with Islam? Of course not. It has everything to do with the deep state and the covert manipulation of probably every single terrorist group on the planet.
- New links have been added to Julian Assange, Wikileaks and Cablegate
It is absolutely disgraceful that Julian Assange has in effect been held under house arrest in London for over six years (as of November 2018) with no end in sight. The government of Sweden dropped its extradition request years ago, and the U.K. government is using the pretext of breaking bail in order to extradite Assange to the U.S., where he would probably be tortured and would certainly be jailed. Much praise is due to the government of Ecuador (under the former president, Rafael Correa) for providing Assange with protection from extradition to Sweden and consequent extradition to the U.S. The government of the U.K. is, to its shame, just a tool of the Americans. And the government of Ecuador (under the current president, Lenin Moreno) has also shown itself to be a spineless, immoral tool of the U.S. by denying Assange any meaningful contact with the outside world. And to its shame also, the government of Australia (a U.S. vassal state) has done absolutely nothing to help or protect Assange (an Australian citizen) or to protest this blatant injustice.
- Larchmonter 445: China-Russia: The Double Helix (PDF file, 277 KB)
The Saker: I find Larchmonter 445's image of a double helix particularly appropriate because what we are witnessing here is the birth of a new geopolitical "life form" so to speak, an informal alliance of two countries which goes much deeper than most regular alliances do: what we are seeing is the mutual agreement to establish a full-spectrum geostrategic symbiosis between two civilizational realms as both Russia and China are what used to be called 'empires' in the past but which today are what I call "civilizational realms": multi-ethnic, multi-national and multi-religious ex-empires whose influence extends beyond their current national borders and whose international strategic "weight" makes them far more akin to continents then to countries. ... I would argue that this is by far the single most important political development since the end of WWII and probably the most important one in this century.
- The Saker: Important appeal for help to all Russian speakers!
By now it must be clear to everybody that what is taking place today is not just some "Cold War v2" or some "East-West tensions", but a full-scale total war not just between Russia and the USA but between the entire Anglo-Zionist Empire and the Resistance (led by Russia and the BRICS). ... If Russia loses this war, the Empire wins the planet. And if Russia wins, that will be the end of the Empire. It is really that simple.
- Vladimir Putin's 2014 Speech at the Valdai Club
The measures taken against those [countries] who refuse to submit [to US dictates] are well-known and have been tried and tested many times. They include use of force, economic and propaganda pressure, meddling in domestic affairs, and appeals to a kind of ‘supra-legal’ legitimacy when they need to justify illegal intervention in this or that conflict or toppling inconvenient regimes. Of late, we have increasing evidence too that outright blackmail has been used with regard to a number of leaders. It is not for nothing that ‘big brother’ is spending billions of dollars on keeping the whole world, including its own closest allies [including Germany], under surveillance.
- Paul Craig Roberts: Will Russia and China Hold Their Fire Until War Is the Only Alternative?
The inability of the Russian and Chinese governments to come to terms with the threat posed to their existence as sovereign countries by the neoconservative insistence on American world hegemony makes nuclear war more likely. If Russia and China catch on too late in the game, their only alternative will be war or submission to Washington’s hegemony. As there is no possibility of the US and NATO invading and occupying Russia and China, the war would be nuclear.
- Eric Zuesse: Why Obama Lost His War in Ukraine
- Russian Report on MH17 Shootdown
The conclusion is inescapable: MH17 was shot down by a Ukrainian fighter jet. The party responsible for the deaths of 298 people was not the Donbass separatists but rather the Ukrainian junta, possibly with the foreknowledge and involvement of the United States.
- Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Tamiflu and Donald Rumsfeld has been updated for The 2014 Ebola Outbreak.
- The Saker: Russia's Fifth Column
- Richard K. Moore: Mind Control: Orwell, Huxley and Today's Reality
The 'conspiracy theory' meme was launched by the CIA in the wake of the JFK assassination ... [and] the public began to learn about the existence of 'conspiracy theorists'. These are people, the story goes, who suffer from paranoid delusions, and sane people should pay no attention to anything they say. If someone even looks at any of those ideas, their own mental stability comes into question. ... Since then, the conspiracy-theory meme has been carefully nurtured and expanded ...[and] has been very successful in immunizing the majority of the population against the revelations available on the Internet, especially regarding 9/11. Any story not appearing in the mainstream media must by definition be a conspiracy theory, and anything that sounds like a conspiracy theory should be scoffed at and ignored.
- Brian Cloughley: Sanctions rebound to hit Europeans
The West's malevolent sanctions on Russia were not imposed because Russia had in any way affected the well-being, economic circumstances, territorial integrity or social structure of the United States or of any nation that jumped on the US sanctions' bandwagon. There was no question of enforcing sanctions because Russia's actions anywhere in the world had impacted adversely on one single citizen of any Western nation. But they were imposed, anyway, just to try to make things difficult for Moscow and to try to ratchet up tension between Russia and the West.
- Boeing-777 was downed by Ukrainian MiG-29, Romanian expert says
Thus, the Malaysian Boeing MH-17, according to the Romanian expert, was shot down from a gun of a MiG-29 aircraft, rather than a missile. Even air-to-air missiles, the expert says, R-60, for example, have a proximity fuse. In this case, fragments would fly 360 degrees around and strike the entire fuselage of the aircraft, not just the cockpit.
- The Saker: Thinking the Unthinkable
I can very much imagine a desperate Obama trying to show the American people that he "has hair on his chest" and that he is not going to let "regional power" challenge the "indispensable nation". So what he and, really, his administration risks doing is the following: to play a game of chicken hoping against all odds that the Russians will yield. This is my worst nightmare and the worst possible assumption to make because Russia cannot yield. ... I think that they are dumb enough to try to seize a Russian ship entering or leaving the Black Sea. Remember — these are the folks who hijacked the aircraft of Bolivian President Evo Morales to try to find Snowden on board. ... And, of course, these are the folks who did 9/11. Their arrogance knows no limits because they are profoundly evil sociopaths.
- The Saker: Memories, Recollections, Guesses and Speculations about MH17
Cui bono? Well here at least the reply is unambiguous: only the junta in Kiev could have benefited from this tragedy. For the Russians and the Novorussians, this is something between a real pain and a disaster. Just when the Novorussians were winning without any overt help from Moscow and just when Moscow was gradually successful in denouncing the human costs of Poroshenko's murderous policies — suddenly the entire planet focuses just on one downed aircraft and the [Anglo-Zionist] imperial corporate media blames it all on Russia.I do not believe the Ukrainians did it. (a) They are demonstrably completely incompetent and (b) the USA would not trust them in such a vital issue. I'm convinced the pilots were Americans and the missiles were fired by Americans too ...
- German Gold Mystery Solved
Accountants entered the subterranean gold vaults below the Fed and discovered a major problem. As a result of Superstorm Sandy the vault had been breached and salt water had flooded several of the lower gold vaults, including the one where the alleged 1,500 tonnes of German gold was stored. According to gold technicians, the salt water had corroded the gold bars. Serial numbers and country stamps on the bars were indecipherable.
"Do you really love me, Arseni?"
- The Saker: The US 'Lukewarm' War on Russia
... 'lukewarm' as it now may be, this is a major war of planetary importance because ... it is the future of Russia, and therefore of all of Eurasia, which is being decided. ...What we are witnessing today is nothing short of a major struggle for survival between the Anglo-Zionist Empire and the "Eurasian project" (for lack of a better word) centered around Russia and China and their attempt to replace the old order by a new, multi-polar, dollar-independent, militarily-balanced one.
- Atrocities Committed by the Kiev Regime in South-Eastern Ukraine
For you politicians behind the coup d'etat in Kiev and the war against the citizens of Ukraine, you disgust me. I have only this to say to Merkel, Torchinov, Poroshenko, Hollande, Cameron. Kerry, Nuland, Obama and the 'president' of Poland Bronislaw Komorowski, each and every one of you, your minions and hangers on, the Western politicians, ALL of you. Damn your eyes, damn your souls, damn you to Hell, back to where you came from. You are beneath contempt.
- The Saker: Calling Things by their Proper Names
A thoroughly corrupt but democratically elected President (Yanukovich) was overthrown in an armed coup by ... paid agents of a foreign power [the US]. The new regime is composed exclusively either of corrupt oligarchs ... or neo-Nazis ... Regardless, this regime has received the full and unconditional support of the US/EU and all those client-states worldwide which depend on them. ... The junta in power has unleashed a sustained campaign of terror against all those who dare to oppose it, including civilians ... [The] sole power basis of this unelected regime is death squads ...
- The Myth of Apollo — Did the USA really go to the Moon?
If my reading of the facts is correct and my reasoning sound, the USA did not go to the Moon when it said it did between 1969 and 1972. If I am right, the USA ditched its attempt to go to the Moon some time in 1967, when it realised the task was too great. Going to the Moon presented technological obstacles that were simply too great to overcome, even for a superpower. I believe that instead of holding up its hands and publicly admitting defeat, the USA decided to pretend to its citizens — and the rest of the world — that it had been to the Moon and faked the evidence.
- The Saker: Re-Sovereignization of Planet Earth
What is happening today before our eyes is the end of one international system and the birth of a qualitatively different one.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn: Live Not By Lies
And is there only one thing left for us to do, to wait without taking action? Maybe something will happen by itself? It will never happen as long as we daily do not sever ourselves from the most perceptible of its aspects: Lies. ... And the simplest and most accessible key to our self-neglected liberation lies right here: Personal non-participation in lies. Though lies conceal everything, though lies embrace everything — not with any help from me.
- The Saker: The Empire's war Against the Serbian Nation: Lessons for the Resistance
... as long as the Anglo-Zionists can divide us they will also rule over us. ... The real enemy of Islam is [not Christianity but rather is] exactly the same as the real enemy of Christianity: the Anglo-Zionist Empire.
- The Saker: Today Every Free Person in the World has Won!
[In his speech Vladimir Putin] expressed Russia's view on the level of civilizational and cultural degradation the Anglo-Zionist Empire has imposed upon the people of Europe and the USA. Furthermore, when Putin says that “destruction of traditional values from above not only leads to negative consequences for society, but is also essentially anti-democratic, since it is carried out on the basis of abstract, speculative ideas, contrary to the will of the majority” he is clearly stating that the Anglo-Zionist Empire is not ruled by the people which live in it, but by minorities, special interest groups, behind-the-scenes lobbies and cabals who impose their warped agenda upon the rest of the people.
[The] bottom line is this: the President of Russia has made an open declaration of war against the 1% elite which currently is in control of the Anglo-Zionist Empire. This war will be a multi-level one combining “soft power” (cultural resistance, religious resistance, informational resistance, financial and economic warfare) with “hard power” (a military ready fight the US/NATO if necessary, the use of the “energy weapon” to retaliate against economic warfare). ... [This] war will also profoundly be a class war in which oligarchs from different countries will support each other and in which the regular, 99%, people will work together on, for example, the “virtual battlefields” of the Internet.
- Vladimir Putin's Speech of 18 March 2014
... they have lied to us many times ...
- The Saker: How the US Dream of World Supremacy was Buried in Crimea
[The] myth of US omnipotence is now gone, forever. Furthermore, Europe will have to bear the brunt of the consequences of having to manage the gradual transformation of Banderastan into something reasonable and non-threatening. The EU will sink further in its economic and social crisis and some other crisis will replace the Ukraine in the news. ... [It] will take a long while for the West to realize what has really happened, and the most obtuse of pundits and politicians will probably hang on to their usual self-righteous rhetoric forever, but historians will probably look back at the month of February 2014 as the moment when Russia successfully beat back the combined power of the USA and Europe and prevailed.
- Ukraine, Russia and the World: Five Questions to Three Authors
For Russia the goal is simple: survival as a nation, country and civilization. In this sense, this is not a “Putin policy” but a “Russian policy” ... When NATO bombed the Serbs in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo, Russia was ruled by a drunken western-puppet, Yeltsin, and a clique of mostly Jewish oligarchs ... Russia then was very much like the Ukraine today. But even then, most Russian people fully understood that the US rampage in the Balkans was a message to them: "watch what we can do to your allies — you are next." ... What you hear nowadays in Russia is "it's not about the Serbs or the Syrians anymore, this time this is about us". So for the vast majority of Russians — including Putin — the main strategic goal is simple: not let Russia become the next Bosnia, Kosovo or Syria. In other words: survival.
- The Saker: The Self-defeating Fuite en Avant of the US in the Ukraine
[It] is pretty undeniable that the West is not only supporting the wrong side but also that this decision is not only completely immoral but also amazingly short-sighted. This is yet another case of what the French called fuite en avant (literally "to flee forward"): when somebody does something clearly and obviously mistaken and then, frightened by that, instead of reversing course decides to run forward at an even higher speed. In contrast, Russia's decision is not only morally right, it is also pragmatically correct.
- The Saker: Ukrainian Nationalism — Its Roots and Nature
- Tom Engelhardt: US Digs a Security Black Hole
What's perhaps most striking about all this is the inability of the Obama administration and its intelligence bureaucrats to grasp the nature of what's happening to them. For that, they would need to skip those daily briefs from an intelligence community which, on the subject, seems blind, deaf, and dumb, and instead take a clear look at the world.
As a measuring stick for pure tone-deafness in Washington, consider that it took our secretary of state and so, implicitly, the president, five painful months to finally agree that the NSA had, in certain limited areas, "reached too far". And even now, in response to a global uproar and changing attitudes toward the US across the planet, their response has been laughably modest. ... [M]aybe, just maybe, they can store it all for a mere three years, rather than the present five. And perhaps, just perhaps, they might consider giving up on listening in on some friendly world leaders, but only after a major rethink and reevaluation of the complete NSA surveillance system. And in Washington, this sort of response to the Snowden debacle is considered a "balanced" approach to security versus privacy.
- On the 90th anniversary of her birth, our Maria Callas page has been updated.
- David Ignatius (The Washington Post, 1991-05-05):
Bungles, Bobbles and Spies; The Tehran Papers: Portrait of the CIA in a Maze of Its Own Design
- A second comment by Peter Meyer has been added to Robert Gorden on Obama and Snowden.
It is standard practice for intelligence agencies to place spies within the intelligence agencies of other countries, and obviously the NSA would be a prime target. If just 1 in 10,000 of the "480,000 private contractors in the US [who] had the 'top-secret' security clearance issued to Snowden" was a Russian or Chinese spy, then there were about fifty such spies who were in a position to obtain the documents that Snowden did. And if they were in a position to do so, we may assume that they did, and that these documents were passed to the Russian and the Chinese intelligence agencies months or perhaps years before Snowden saw them. The Russians and the Chinese have insisted that they have neither received, nor attempted to extract, any of Snowden's secrets. Probably because they already had them all. They were secret only from the public.
- NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel
The National Security Agency routinely shares raw intelligence data with Israel without first sifting it to remove information about US citizens, a top-secret document provided to the Guardian by whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals. Details of the intelligence-sharing agreement are laid out in a memorandum of understanding between the NSA and its Israeli counterpart that shows the US government handed over intercepted communications likely to contain phone calls and emails of American citizens. The agreement places no legally binding limits on the use of the data by the Israelis.
- Chris Chambers: The Flawed Psychology of Government Mass Surveillance
Research shows that indiscriminate monitoring fosters distrust, conformity and mediocrity.
- Xymphora on NSA Surveillance
[Janna Malamud Smith:] The totalitarian state watches everyone, but keeps its own plans secret. Privacy is seen as dangerous because it enhances resistance. Constantly spying and then confronting people with what are often petty transgressions is a way of maintaining social control and unnerving and disempowering opposition ... And even when one shakes real pursuers, it is often hard to rid oneself of the feeling of being watched — which is why surveillance is an extremely powerful way to control people. The mind's tendency to still feel observed when alone... can be inhibiting. ... Feeling watched, but not knowing for sure, nor knowing if, when, or how the hostile surveyor may strike, people often become fearful, constricted, and distracted.
- Robert Gorden on Obama and Snowden
The reasons for unleashing Snowden upon the world were threefold. First, it is an attack an Obama who is now a lame duck and has outlived his usefulness. ... Second, Snowden's revelations would let them gage the level of popular push-back they would suffer when the world would eventually learn about their behavior. ... [Third,] to make it clear especially to global intellectuals who are always the ones who create the most problems for the ruling classes, that they are being watched, that everything they do or say is going to be recorded ...
With a comment by Peter Meyer.
- Noam Chomsky praises Snowden and condemns US hypocrisy
Governments ... always plead security no matter what’s going on. The reflexive defense is security. But anyone who’s looked at [what Snowden has] published, it’s not any kind of threat to security, with one exception, the security of the government from its own population. And in fact if you look at anyone who’s spent any time poring through declassified records ... you find that [what they have found is that] overwhelmingly the [alleged] security is [actually] the security of the state from its own population and that’s why things have to be kept secret.
- Glenn Greenwald et al.: How Microsoft Handed the NSA Access to Encrypted Messages
Microsoft has collaborated closely with US intelligence services to allow users' communications to be intercepted, including helping the National Security Agency to circumvent the company's own encryption, according to top-secret documents obtained by the Guardian.
- John Pilger: An Act of Piracy
Historians seem to agree that the rise of fascism in Europe might have been averted [anytime in 1931-35] had the liberal or left political class [in Britain] understood the true nature of its enemy [Nazi Germany]. The parallels today are very different; but the Damocles sword over Snowden, like the casual abduction of the Bolivian president, ought to stir us into recognising the true nature of the enemy.
- Christophe Deloire and Julian Assange: Europe Must Protect Snowden
By what right is the United States exempt from the first amendment principles it demands be applied elsewhere?
- The Guardian's Interview with Edward Snowden, the Man who Blew the Whistle on PRISM
... even if you're not doing anything wrong you're being watched and recorded. And ... you don't have to have done anything wrong. You simply have to eventually fall under suspicion from somebody even by a wrong call. And then they can use this system to go back in time and scrutinize every decision you've ever made, every friend you've ever discussed something with. And attack you on that basis to sort of derive suspicion from an innocent life and paint anyone in the context of a wrongdoer. ... And ... it's only going to get worse, until eventually ... they'll flip the switch, say that 'Because of the crisis, because of the dangers we face in the world, some new and unpredicted threat, we need more authority, we need more power.' And there will be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose it. And it will be turnkey tyranny.
- Peter Meyer: Mind and Body are Mutually Independent — an essay in the philosophy of mind
I suggest that the extent of non-body-awareness consciousness may be as great as the extent of our consciousness of the physical world, and that there is an oneiric world which may be as vast as the physical world .... The term oneiric relates to dreams, but I suggest that this is an appropriate term for this (largely undiscovered) world because most people’s experience of the oneiric world is confined to their dreams. But beyond dreaming are states of consciousness similar in nature but very different. ... Our personal selves lie at the intersection of these two worlds, the physical and the oneiric, and we can experience both, sometimes at the same time.
- Links to articles concerning Julian Assange since January 2013
- Terence McKenna's "Modest Proposal" Regarding America's Drug Problems
- A note has been added to Voting Machines — Devices to Rig Elections and to Destroy What Little is Left of Democracy in the USA
- President Ahmadinejad's 2012 Speech to the United Nations General Assembly
The engine of unbridled capitalism ... has reached the end of the road and is unable to move. The era of capitalist thinking ... and the age of setting up empires is over.
- A comment has been added to Physicalism: A Pernicious Cosmology
In January 2012 Rupert Sheldrake published a book entitled The Science Delusion ...
- Peter Meyer: Physicalism: A Pernicious Cosmology
The physicalist view of the world is not merely a subject of philosophical debate, with no psychosocial consequences. ... [It] is actually a cosmology according to which nothing in the universe is really alive or is really conscious (because only sub-atomic particles and energy really exist) ...
- The pages Suppressed Details of Criminal Insider Trading Lead Directly into the CIA's Highest Ranks and Letter to Swiss Re have been updated and links to many pages on other websites which have disappeared have been replaced with links to archived copies.
WTC Destruction & High Temperature Aftermath: ONLY Nuclear Bombs and the China Syndrome Fit All the Evidence
Only nuclear bombs and the resulting China Syndrome can account for all phenomena observed in the destruction of the World Trade Center.
- Censorship of the Report of the League of Arab States Mission to Syria
- A short note has been added to The North Tower Impact.
- SBS's 9/11 Hatchet Job has been revised (broken links fixed and text by Gerard Holmgren restored).
- Gerard Holmgren: Debunking Conspiracy Theorists — "Paranoid Fantasies About 9-11 Detract From Real Issues"
- Preparing for Another Tamiflu Hoax? Or Something More Sinister? — an update to Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Tamiflu and Donald Rumsfeld
- The Iraq War has Ended — Preparations for World War III Continue Unabated, the final section of The Iraq War
- Chris Floyd: Death of the Republic
[The ruling elite has given itself] over to systems and mindsets that are implacably inhuman. They are all in the process of self-murdering their own souls. It's a horrible, sickening sight. And although I condemn their crimes and tainted minds with all the fury and outrage and scorn they deserve, I take no pleasure in this rage. I am heartsick, truly, at every soul lost to the machines — the War Machine, the Money Machine, the Power Machine — that rule our world.
- Richard K. Moore: Full-Spectrum Dominance and the Regime-Change Project
Although the cabal is quite willing to use whatever force is necessary to achieve its objectives, up to and including orchestrating major wars, it never relies exclusively on force. A way is always sought to bring Western public opinion into alignment with those objectives. Thus military interventions are portrayed as 'humanitarian', bailouts are portrayed as 'unfortunately necessary', and austerity is portrayed as a 'path to growth recovery'. Such false portrayals are sold to the public by propaganda from the cabal-controlled mass media, and by the lies of government officials.
And a comment by Peter Meyer.
- The Epstein Report on DSK, a November 2011 update to IMF Chief Strauss-Kahn Caught in "Honey Trap".
- A note regarding a planned "Buddhocracy" has been added to Dalai Lama Decks Photographer in Disco Melee
- Protesters Have the Right to Protest ... and to Resist Unlawful Arrest
- Richard K. Moore: The Carbon Economy — Micromanaging Global Society
- Quotes Worth Reflecting On
- DSK Walks Free, an August 2011 update to IMF Chief Strauss-Kahn Caught in "Honey Trap".
- Secret CIA Documents on Mossad was published in 1982 by CounterSpy magazine. It is purportedly an appraisal of the Israeli Secret Services by the CIA captured by Iranian students when the US embassy was taken.
- Ellen Grace Jones: London's Burning
The young rioters see a corrupt government which doesn't listen, which lies and breaks promises. One which does not speak for them. A government which denies them a future, slashing funding and enforcing austerity measures left-right-and-centre in a bid to serve their criminal banking paymasters. ... While more visibly violent and tangibly fear-inspiring, the acts that pockets of London's youths have committed over the last four days are no worse than the insidious raping and plundering of our global economies by the criminal banking elite.
And a very intelligent and perceptive commentary by the Daily Telegraph's Peter Oborne.
- Richard K. Moore: The Story of Hierarchy
Hierarchy always breeds greater hierarchy; every hierarchy provides a position of power for some clique, and power always corrupts, sooner or later. In an age of technology, the inevitable outcome of the hierarchical social model is a tyrannical world government, of one flavor or another.
- Gilad Atzmon: Was the Massacre in Norway a Reaction to BDS?
The full facts of the Norwegian tragedy are, as yet, unknown, but the message should by now be transparently and urgently clear to all of us: Western intelligence agencies must immediately crack down on Israeli and Zionist operators in our midst ...
- Some new material has been added to Censorship at Wikipedia.
- Peter de Rosa: The Donation of Constantine
How Pope Stephen III committed one of the greatest frauds of all time.
- Mike Whitney: IMF chief Strauss-Kahn caught in "Honey Trap"
Strauss-Kahn had set out on a "kinder and gentler" path, one that would not force foreign leaders to privatize their state-owned industries or crush their labor unions. Naturally, his actions were not warmly received by the bankers and corporatists who look to the IMF to provide legitimacy to their ongoing plunder of the rest of the world. These are the people who think that the current policies are "just fine" because they produce the results they're looking for, which is bigger profits for themselves and deeper poverty for everyone else.
- Has nanothermite been oversold to the 9/11 Truth community?
Mark Hightower: HOW INDEED CAN NANOTHERMITE BE EXPLOSIVE?
- Joe Giambrone: The UN Would Never Lie to George Monbiot — Further evidence of George Monbiot's intellectual dishonesty.
- Colin: The Hidden Wisdom Within Addiction
If we can see the that there is a wisdom that is trying to be expressed through [addiction] we can approach it in a creative way that aims to redirect the expression rather than forcefully stop it out of judgment.
- Richard K. Moore: Interesting Times
You may be here by accident, or you may have booked a place to watch the perfect storm. I'm here to witness the liberation of humanity. The fact is that 'the everywhere' (the global systems) have been destroyed by a calamity (the engineered financial collapse). We may not realize it yet, but 'the real world' (our communities) is where we need to be pursuing our survival.
- A. K. Dewdney: Fourier-based Calculations of Temperatures of Structural Steel in an Environment of Burning Jet Fuel and Office Furnishings
The temperature calculations, fire durations and other evidence are brought together to demonstrate the extreme unliklihood of the core columns ever reaching critical temperatures in the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, 2001.
- Ralph J Dolan: Egypt is Burning, with a comment after the fall of Mubarak.
- Ralph J Dolan: The Dream of Democracy
The people are like a powerful, slumbering dragon. Even as it slumbers this dragon is filled with a sense of injustice. None of the pomp and grandeur of the contemporary mechanisms of jurisprudence are able to cause it to be blinded to the pervasive, underlying injustice that prevails in the world. A small, seemingly insignificant event, some last straw like the imposition of harsh governmental austerity programs, might be the breeze that awakens the dragon. Once awakened it begins to unfold its wings and feels a hunger in its belly. One small act of courage, of standing up to the powers-that-be, can inspire other acts of courage.
Dr Jeff Sparrow and Lizzie O'Shea: Open letter: To Julia Gillard, re Julian Assange
— plus many comments, mostly from Australians
- Julian Assange Walks Out of CNN Interview has been updated and now includes the David Frost Interview for Al Jazeera.
- Wikileaks and CableGate
- Eulogy for Terence McKenna
- Murray Dobbin: Harper on Israel: Is the Prime Minister mentally sound?
- Julian Assange Walks Out of CNN Interview
- Peter Meyer: A Reply to Martin Ball's "Terence on DMT" and an Addendum to the Reply to Ball
- An Erstwhile Collection of Tibetan Statues and Ritual Objects
- Elizabeth Woodworth: The Media Response to the Growing Influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement, Part II: A Survey of Attitude Change in 2009-2010
Robert Higgs: Why This Gigantic “Intelligence” Apparatus? Follow the Money
Why would these hundreds of organizations and contracting companies be willing to take gigantic amounts of the taxpayers’ money when everyone agrees that the money cannot be spent sensibly and that the system already in place cannot function effectively or efficiently to attain its ostensible purpose? The question answers itself. It’s loot for the taking, and there has been no shortage of takers. ... What we see here is not really an “intelligence” or counterterrorism operation at all. It’s a rip-off, plain and simple, fed by irrational fear and continually stoked by the government plunderers who are exercising the power and raking in the booty to “fight terrorism.”
- Nicholas Sand: Journey into the Realm of Ibogaine
- Germaine Greer: Australian Election: Soap Opera Politics of Oz
The opinion polls were showing that the nation had had a bellyful of Rudd, and so the party dumped him and crowned Gillard. The junta then decided that their girl would go to the people for a mandate before the novelty of having a female at the helm had worn off. This turned out to be a mistake.
- 340 DMT Trip Reports (603 KB) — contributions toward the public awareness of the discovery of an alternative reality and a new science.
- Censorship at Wikipedia
- Richard K. Moore: The Gulf Gusher and the New World Order
The Gulf of Mexico is one of the oldest and most studied drilling areas in the world. Any legitimate attempt to tap into that deep oil system would have called for better-than-usual safety measures, not systematically shoddy safety measures. Deepwater Horizon was an accident meant to happen, and the witnesses have been scared into silence.
- Global Research Refuses to Link to Serendipity
- Psychopaths Among Us — How their evil influence may be minimized (eventually)
- PayPal and Cryptome
- Richard K. Moore: Prognosis 2012 — The Elite Plan for a New World Social Order
In our post-2012 world, we will have for the first time one centralized global government, and one ruling elite clique, a kind of extended royal family, the lords of finance. As we can see with the IMF, WHO, WTO and the other pieces of the embryonic world government, the institutions of governance will make no pretensions to popular representation or democratic responsiveness. Rule will be by means of autocratic global bureaucracies, which take their marching orders from the royal family.
- J. B. Gerald: When the 'War on Terror' Becomes Genocide
- The Chilcot Inquiry and Tony Blair's 'Good Faith' Defense has been updated.
- Richard K. Moore: The Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution
[Tom Paine] was in fact arguing for the non-necessity of government and the practicality of holographic self-governance, to use modern terminology. ... The myth that democracy exists has blinded us from re-examining Paine, and noticing that the self-governance model was long-ago hijacked by the elite-led republican movements, and was replaced by a competitive party model that is itself elite dominated.
- Gilad Atzmon: The Old Testament and the War Crime in Gaza
Israel is the gravest danger to world peace. Clearly the nations made a tragic mistake in 1947 giving an emerging volatile racially orientated identity an opportunity to set itself into a national state. However, the nations’ duty now is to peacefully dismantle that state before it is too late. We must do it before the Jewish state and its forceful lobbies around the world manage to pull us all into a global war ...
- Peter Meyer: The Global Warming Scare... is a huge scam designed to increase the profits of the corporate capitalists and the parasitic international bankers, to advance their goal of a world government ... and to impose even more "legal" restrictions upon the freedom of people to live according to how they themselves think best.
- The Chilcot Inquiry and Tony Blair's 'Good Faith' Defense
The meeting [between George W. Bush and Tony Blair] at the Crawford ranch was where the British leader bent the knee before his feudal lord and master. After that craven act of submission the British leader had no option but to apply hard feudal power through the use of domestic patronage as well as soft pursuasive power in the form of media manipulation, spin and lies.
- An update (late November 2009) has been added to Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Tamiflu and Donald Rumsfeld.
- John Pilger: Breaking the Australian Silence
In his acceptance of the 2005 Nobel Prize for Literature, Harold Pinter asked this question: “Why is the systematic brutality, the widespread atrocities, the ruthless suppression of independent thought of Stalinist Russia well known in the West while American criminal actions never happened. Nothing ever happened. Even while it was happening it never happened. It didn’t matter. It was of no interest.”
In Australia, we are trained to respect this censorship by omission. An invasion is not an invasion if “we” do it. Terror is not terror if “we” do it. A crime is not a crime if “we” commit it. It didn’t happen. Even while it was happening it didn’t happen. It didn’t matter. It was of no interest.
- Richard K. Moore:
- Some Thoughts on Beliefs, Progressives and Conservatives
... why well-meaning scientists, and people generally, persist in ignoring hard evidence when it disagrees with their preconceptions.
- Beliefs, cultures, and human brotherhood: a vision of social transformation (228 KB PDF file)
- A Brief History of Russia and the West has been updated.
- Joel S. Hirschhorn: 9/11 Mind Swell
The 9/11 movement has not been able to articulate enough benefits to the public from disbelieving the official government story and pursuing a new investigation. What might ordinary Americans gain? Would proof-positive of government involvement make them feel better, more secure, and more patriotic? Apparently not. In fact, just the opposite. By its very nature, the 9/11 issue threatens many things by discovering the truth: still less confidence in the US political system, government and public officials. Still more reason to ponder the incredible loss of life and national wealth in pursuing the Iraq war. In other words, revealing 9/11 truth offers the specter of a huge national bummer. Conversely, it would show the world that American democracy has integrity.
- Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Tamiflu and Donald Rumsfeld
Tamiflu is a useless drug. The "swine flu" panic is being promoted by the WHO for the benefit of the big pharmaceutical companies and their shareholders (and perhaps for more sinister reasons having to do with rapid global population reduction).
- Aspartame: Donald Rumsfeld the Poisoner
Drink lots of Diet Coke — poison yourself.
- The Lockerbie Bombing and the U.S.S. Vincennes has been updated.
- A concluding paragraph has been added to Why I am not a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist.
- Andrew G. Marshall: The Financial New World Order
[T]he future of the global political economy is one of increasing moves toward a global system of governance, or a world government, with a world central bank and global currency ... and thus, a rise in authoritarianism. What we are witnessing is the creation of a New World Order, composed of a totalitarian global government structure. ... [However, the] human mind and spirit ... will continue to overcome the greatest of challenges to humanity, and will, without doubt, triumph over the New World Order.
- F. William Engdahl: Geithner’s Dirty Little Secret
Only five banks are the source of the current financial 'crisis'. And these should be allowed to fail.
- Charles Freeman on the Israeli Lobby
- Richard K. Moore: Capitalism and Republics: A Patriot's Perspective
The very culture in Washington has become one of subservience to financial and corporate elites. Our leaders' mouths speak words of patriotism, or reflect popular concerns, but their souls, as in a horror film, are possessed by vampires.
Plus a note by Peter Meyer.
Richard K. Moore: Obama's Economic Agenda: a Timely Review
By these means the USA has been sold into perpetual debt bondage. The methods long employed in the imperial periphery have been brought across the Rubicon and are now being applied to Rome itself. And with slight variation from place to place, the same debt bondage has been successfully imposed throughout the West. Already social service budgets are being cut around the world, while trillions are still flowing to the banks, as the cold hand of banker's logic settles in and gathers all of us into its greedy grasp.
- A preview of the book POLITICAL PONEROLOGY by Andrew M. Lobaczewski
- Richard K. Moore: A Brief History of the New World Order
If and when World War III comes about, it will be over within hours, and nothing will then stand in the way of the New World Order. All other ducks have been carefully lined up, and Obama is the perfect fellow to keep us hypnotized while our freedoms, and all vestiges of democracy, are erased once and for all from the face of the Earth.
- John Kozy: Capitalism Snuffs Out the Age of Enlightenment's Candle
Classical economics [became established with] ... the emergence of unified nation states in Europe, monarchial in government and structured by classes — mainly aristocratic and peasant. Wealth and property were held by the former, and the latter were considered disposable livestock whose only function was to support and defend the state and the status quo. ... Two hundred years of Capitalism and common people are still serfs, wars are still fought to protect our "national interests," and the extermination of human beings occurs at ever increasing rates.
- Xymphora At Last Supports a One-State Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
My basic mistake in all along supporting a two state solution was thinking that the Israelis, and World Jewry, were sane, and would eventually do the rational thing. They are not sane ...
- Richard K. Moore: Secret Societies and War
The most profitable of all was [and still is] the financing of wars, because when fighting for survival, governments are desperate for funding, and will agree to whatever terms they can get. Particularly profitable is the financing of both sides in a war. That way the war can be kept going as long as possible, both fall deeper and deeper into debt, and when the war is over the victors will be in a position to repay their loans.
- Wade Frazier: The Global Financial Meltdown
Bill Gates's .. net worth [is] equivalent to the collective net worth of the poorest hundred million Americans (and the poorest half of humanity — which might be the most mind-boggling statistic of global capitalism).
- Richard K. Moore: Obama — Beware of Elites Bearing Gifts
Our scenario is very much like that preceding the establishment of the Federal Reserve in 1913. The 'problem' then, as now, is a scary, engineered 'collapse'. The 'solution', then as now, is the greater centralization of banking in private hands, now some kind of IMF cum Central Bank on a global scale. In both cases the promise is to avoid future collapses, while the reality is increased enslavement to banking elites.
- Chalmers Johnson: Our ‘Managed Democracy’
... since the Depression, the twin forces of managed democracy and Superpower have opened the way for something new under the sun: "inverted totalitarianism," a form every bit as totalistic as the classical version but one based on internalized co-optation, the appearance of freedom, political disengagement rather than mass mobilization, and relying more on "private media" than on public agencies to disseminate propaganda that reinforces the official version of events.
- Richard K. Moore: Operation The Eagle Strikes
... the US has been preparing for many years to carry out a nuclear first-strike against Russia. ... Without it, the overwhelming balance of global power will shift to Eurasia, to Russia and China. ... What we are now seeing is the countdown to the first strike ... [including] the psy-ops preparation.
Plus a comment by Peter Meyer.
- Peter Meyer: Why I am not a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist
In no case ... should any religion be granted any respect unless there is clear evidence that it has beneficial effects for its followers (rather than its proponents), and certainly no religion should be granted any social or political privilege simply because it calls itself a religion. ... Absurd, ridiculous, harmful, pernicious and morally reprehensible beliefs, attitudes and practices should be exposed as such, and not granted any respect simply because they are part of some religion.
- Richard K. Moore: A Brief History of Russia and the West
Western imperialism — driven by banking elites — has economic exploitation as its primary objective. Russian imperialism — driven by national interests — has national security as its primary objective.
Plus a comment by Peter Meyer.
- F. William Engdahl: Washington Risks Nuclear War by Miscalculation
The underlying issue is the fact that since the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact in 1991 one after another former member as well as former states of the USSR have been coaxed and in many cases bribed with false promises by Washington into joining the counter organization, NATO. ... The forceful US effort to push Georgia as well as Ukraine into NATO would present Russia with the spectre of NATO literally coming to its doorstep, a military threat that is aggressive in the extreme, and untenable for Russian national security.
Plus a comment by Peter Meyer.
- Andrew McKillop: Dual Fuels and the New Kuwait
- Antonio Escohotado on the "War on Drugs"
- Walter Benjamin and Profane Illumination
- Kevin Parkinson: Death of Free Internet is Imminent
The plan is to convert the Internet into a cable-like system, where customers sign up for specific web sites, and then pay to visit sites beyond a cutoff point. ... Be aware that we will all lose our privacy because all websites will be tracked as part of the billing procedure, and we will be literally cut off from 90% of the information that we can access today.
- Andrew McKillop: Sure and Certain Oil Shock
The only real solution is planned, organised and constant energy demand compression in the rich world OECD countries, led by fast and continual shrinkage of oil demand, with natural gas and coal intensity reduction close behind. Restructuring the economy and society are the only ways to do that.
- Peter Meyer: Physicalism: A False View of the World
... contemporary philosophers refuse to look through the lens provided by psychedelic substances so as to perceive a reality which physicalists deny exists. The experience resulting from smoking DMT absolutely refutes the conventional physicalist view of the world ...
- Andrew McKillop: Get Ready for the Last Oil Wars
When there is world economic crisis, as in 1929-36, this is nearly always a ‘Mother of War’. When we have global economic crisis at least equal in intensity to the 1929 crisis, we can assume we also have the basic geo-economic conditions able to trigger Oil Apocalypse, especially where recession is thought of, and presented by media as, “only due to oil supply shortage and high prices”.
- An Online Debate: Is it the Evil Capitalists or the Goddamn Jews?
Rockefeller constantly claimed "shortages" threatened his operations in Ohio and Indiana, as a way to keep prices up, when in fact Standard Oil was floating on an ocean of deposits. ...Shortage is the key to people-control. Such a thing is always contrived by government because we all know that if government gets out of the way, we have abundance. The one we have to worry about is a food shortage.
- Why isn't the CFR in the History Books?
- William Blase: The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and The New World Order
(plus Council on Foreign Relations Membership List)
These people are evil because they love money and power, and greed drives them to do anything to achieve their goals. They have lost all morality and conscience, and believe such concepts, as well as our Constitution, "outdated".
THAT is insanity — to have more wealth than can be spent, and still it is never enough. They have to control governments, start wars, conspire to rule the world, lest the "common people" wake up to how they have gained their wealth, take it away from them, and demand that they pay the price for their crimes.
- An update has been added to Europe Before the Fire.
- Donald Cassidy: Who Destroyed the WTC? (Connect the dots)
Not one single September 11 Victim lawsuit has been permitted to proceed to a public trial by jury with testimony by major government officials, complete and unhindered discovery of documents and interrogation by career prosecutors despite meritorious evidence of prior knowledge of the attacks by the Bush administration.
- 2002 Speech by Barack Obama
I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda. I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars.
Richard K. Moore: The Post-Bush Regime: A Prognosis
... the net consequence of a major biofuel agenda comes down to intentional genocide. In order to provide marginally more fuel to the over-consuming industrialized nations, untold millions will starve in the third world, in addition to those untold millions that are already starving. The marginal energy gain is so small by comparison, that we must accept that the biofuels agenda is primarily about genocide.
- Record of Dreams
- New Federal Report on Marijuana Use is Misleading, Groups Say
- Albert Hofmann, 11 January 1906 - 29 April 2008
- Richard K. Moore: The Grand Story of Humanity
The religious grand story and the scientific grand story have one thing very much in common. They both cut us off from 97% of our grand story as humans, and from an understanding of our Golden Age. Religion does that intentionally ... in order to more easily subjugate us to hierarchy. Science does the same thing out of arrogance, out of its groundless assumption that that everything can be explained in materialist terms ... The only grand story that can function effectively for us is our story, as a species, as we best understand it. ... [For] the past 6,000 years we have been in bondage, and for about 200,000 years before that we enjoyed a Golden Age, where we were not in bondage, and we lived in harmony with one another and with nature. ... Our second Golden Age awaits us.
- David Ray Griffin: Ted Olson's Report of Phone Calls from Barbara Olson on 9/11: Three Official Denials
This rejection of Ted Olson's story by American Airlines, the Pentagon, and especially the FBI is a development of utmost importance. Without the alleged calls from Barbara Olson, there is no evidence that Flight 77 returned to Washington. Also, if Ted Olson's claim was false, then there are only two possibilities: Either he lied or he was duped by someone using voice-morphing technology to pretend to be his wife. In either case, the official story about the calls from Barbara Olson was based on deception. And if that part of the official account of 9/11 was based on deception, should we not suspect that other parts were as well?
- Patrick French: He May Be a God, but He’s No Politician
Tibet was effectively a sovereign nation at the time of the Communist invasion [in 1950] and was in full control of its own affairs. But the battle for Tibetan independence was lost 49 years ago when the Dalai Lama escaped into exile.
Plus a note by Peter Meyer.
- An update has been added to The Murder of Princess Diana.
- An update has been added to James Bacque's Why is Wikipedia Censoring Me?
- Richard K. Moore: Escaping the Matrix
Don't read this if you wish to remain cocooned within the illusion of consensus reality. But do read it if you want to know what "globalization" really means. This essay is the clearest explanation that can be found on the web of the huge difference between matrix reality and actual reality.
- Joel S. Hirschhorn: 9/11 Truth Manifesto
There is psychological resistance of millions of Americans to painful 9/11 truth — a shameful, “unthinkable” truth about their elected government. Even if they have doubts about the official story, they instinctively recoil and erect mental barriers to block out the full truth. They want to keep believing that they live in a great democracy. They want to believe that when the Bush administration is replaced our democracy will be in good shape again.
Right. Well, naïve, eager voters, have we got news for you ...
- Ex-Italian President: Intel Agencies Know 9/11 was an Inside Job
- Sue Blackmore: A Dangerous Delusion
By thinking of religion in terms of evolutionary theory we can see just how and why the major religions of today are so harmful.
- Bev Harris: MOONSHINE ELECTIONS — Part III, Collapse of the "Trust Me" model
- Hari Meyers: A Visit to the Alaknath Mandir
- The Assassination of Benazir Bhutto
and Mike Whitney's Pakistan: Princess Ferragamo at the Barricades
- Mark Morford: American Kids, Dumber than Dirt
Then our discussion often turns to ... the ugly and unavoidable truism about the lack of need among the government and the power elite in this nation to create a truly effective educational system, one that actually generates intelligent, thoughtful, articulate citizens.
Hell, why should they? After all, the dumber the populace, the easier it is to rule and control and launch unwinnable wars ...
- Naomi Wolf: Fascist America, in 10 Easy Steps
As Americans turn away quite leisurely, keeping tuned to internet shopping and American Idol, the foundations of democracy are being fatally corroded. Something has changed profoundly that weakens us unprecedentedly: our democratic traditions, independent judiciary and free press do their work today in a context in which we are "at war" in a "long war" — a war without end, on a battlefield described as the globe, in a context that gives the president — without US citizens realising it yet — the power over US citizens of freedom or long solitary incarceration, on his say-so alone.
- Gilad Atzmon: Jazz and Jihad: the Discourse of Solidarity
Seemingly, spirit and beauty means very little to us unless attached to a commodity. In our Americanised reality, existence means market value. Yet, spirit of resistance and beauty are invaluable. I may suggest that we will never be able to fully understand what the Palestinian and Iraqi struggle means to its people unless we liberate ourselves from our narrow material vision of reality.
- Tom Breidenbach: None So Blind
In his bosom-clutching dereliction of intellectual duty, the liberal intellectual is denying ... that he's been duped. Snared by conceit, he forbids attribution of any historic event to any catalyst other than that delineated by the regime, no matter how tortured and self-contradictory this official conspiracy theory is proven to be ...
- Tom Breidenbach Replies to Jeff Wells re 9/11
What the controlled demolition hypothesis confronts us with is the likelihood that on September 11th, 2001, 2800 people were purposely — nay ritually — immolated, over a third of them vaporized beyond trace, while of many others mere fragments were found, some fleck of bone or viscera. This implies a most obscene affront to human dignity, blinding in the vastness of its degeneracy, a primordial and epic violation of a people by their leaders.
- David Ray Griffin: The Preeminent Importance of 9/11
[The] truth about 9/11 is one truth that the American people would not tolerate. ... [The] American people simply would not allow an administration to stay in power after learning that it had orchestrated the attacks of 9/11.
- Herschel Baker: The Council of Nicaea
[The] Council of Nicaea marks a significant moment in the intellectual history of Europe. ... No longer was it possible to believe as a Christian that rational knowledge of the highest reality was available to man through his innate rational faculty. By the doctrine of a trinitarian deity ... the Church in effect ... legislated out of existence the concept of a rational reality discernible to reason ...
- Edward S. Herman, David Peterson and George Szamuely: Human Rights Watch and NATO's War
HRW helped stir up passions in the demonization process from 1992 onward and actively and proudly contributed to preparing the ground for NATO's "supreme international crime" in March 1999 [the waging of war against Serbia].
- Transcript of 9/11 in Context: The Strategy of Tension Gone Global, Guns and Butter, January 24, 2007
I believe that the "war on terror" is a fraud. The people who have launched it are the terrorists. They know that all the [so-called] terrorists that they're going after, this is just an illusion, a fabricated phony reality of global terrorism that they're trying to get rid of. They are the terrorists. And they're launching this attack for a different reason. It's not a war on terror. It's still, I believe, class war. It's a global class war. It's launching an attack on people everywhere to make sure that they can lock down control of resources and labor from all over the world.
- Edward Herman: Iraq: The Genocide Option
[In Vietnam] 9,000 out of 15,000 hamlets were damaged or destroyed, along with some 25 million acres of farmland and 12 million acres of forests. One and a half million cattle were killed, and the war left a million widows and 800,000 orphans. ... This was a truly genocidal attack ...
The genocide option threatens Iraq, where the United States is engaged in direct military action against another virtually defenceless population ... Military technology has advanced further, and the complete amorality of the Deciders and their willingness to kill without limit to achieve their goals or save face is clear.
The willingness to use unlimited violence to attain goals was characteristic of the Nazis, and is now (and always has been — ask the Native Americans) a characteristic of the government of the U.S.A. No person possessing any degree of moral consciousness can give their support to such a government unless they are coerced.
- Wade Frazier: Steven Greer's Odyssey
Sitting American presidents are out of the loop regarding the ET/UFO situation. Clinton read Greer's briefing materials at the White House and exclaimed: "I know this is all true, but God damn it, they won't tell me a thing. Not a God damned thing!" Jimmy Carter tried getting UFO information from George Bush the First, who was then the CIA's Director. Bush refused to give Carter the CIA's information, and told Carter to get it from someplace else. Carter persisted, and was eventually threatened with an abrupt end to his presidency if he did not immediately cease his investigative efforts.
- Peter Meyer: George Monbiot on 9/11: A Reply
The US government carried out this great crime ... to grant George Bush new executive powers, so that he could carry out his plans for world domination.
A copy of the entire Serendipity website is available on flash drive. Details here.
Articles Added 2006 and Earlier Index Serendipity Home Page