Conspiracy and Closed Minds on 9/11 by Morgan Reynolds, Ph.D.
While more Americans doubt the 9/11 story every week, evidence abounds that many have a mental block against rational examination of the evidence about 9/11. The possibility that it was an inside job is a non-starter for them. Programmed “cut outs” insure that 9/11 doubts are consigned to the “conspiracy” closet.
Last June I was explaining the fuss over my 9/11 article to a family member who shall remain anonymous and he interrupted and said, “I don’t want to talk about it.” Millions join him in that sentiment. By implication they might as well say: “I’d rather cling to the official 9/11 myth” = “If mass murderers run free, I’m fine with that” = “If 9/11 was an inside job, then I’m ruled by monsters and I might have to do something about it, I’d rather watch Paris Hilton.”
Where does this passive attitude come from? Causes are many but American indoctrination has two sides that figure prominently in the explanation:
- Belief in “American Exceptionalism”
- Disbelief in conspiracy
The first belief massages the American ego that we are heroes, always the good guys in history, and we can trust our government to be the same. The second steers us clear of subversive theories and thwarts connecting the dots. American exceptionalism is Civics 101, the Disneyfication of U.S. history, the “we’re so good” formula, “those stupid romances commonly called history.” Like no other nation in history, we are an unparalleled success, goes the story.
With American self-esteem unrivalled, denial about 9/11 is hardly surprising. Conventional wisdom, in effect, says “Yes, criminal gangs have ruled in other nations from time to time, perhaps always, but it has never happened here and cannot happen here. Evidence to the contrary is bogus, I do not have to even look at it. For one thing, I vote. We are the world’s greatest duh-mocracy. In fact, I voted for Bush-Cheney (or that other skull-and-bones candidate from Yale, I forget). I am fully invested with the regime and I’m not a criminal or traitor, so Bush-Cheney must not be either. After all, we the people are the government. Criminals and traitors do not look like us either, they look like Arabs, Germans, Japanese, Chinese. Besides, conspiracy theories are little more than a symptom a mental disease. Such asinine theories stem from delusion and paranoia, not objective reality. On its face, it is preposterous to believe that the U.S. government would attack its own people. History is about accidents, bungling, lone nuts, chaos and coincidence, not planning, cause-and-effect, execution and cover-ups.”
False Flag Terrorism
Americans “know” a great deal that just is not so. The hidden history of false-flag terrorism is key, followed by trained aversion to conspiracy. When bad things happen on a large scale, chances are that an important group of people wanted them to happen and made them happen.
Governments throughout history have provoked or staged attacks on their own people to serve the powers behind the throne (“the money power”), glorify themselves, engage in vast government spending, reward friends, exert domestic control, stimulate the juices of war, annex neighbors and pursue vast geostrategic rearrangements (the “global domination project”). A few examples:
- Nero burned Rome to blame the Christans A.D. 64
- US provoked Mexican-American war 1846
- USS Maine sinking 1898
- Lusitania sinking 1915
- Reichstag fire 1933
- Hitler’s staged attack on the Gleiwitz radio station 1939
- The “surprise attack” at Pearl Harbor 1941
- Bay of Pigs conspiracy 1961
- Operation Northwoods 1962
- LBJ’s Gulf of Tonkin conspiracy 1964
- Kuwaiti baby incubator hoax 1991
- Bush Jr.’s 9/11, yellow cake and WMD scams
Ruthless though plotters be, the basic principle “is as mundane as insurance fraud,” as Webster G. Tarpley writes (9/11 Synthetic Terror, 2005, p. 104), and nicely illustrated by the obscure hoax that started World War II. Hitler wanted to invade Poland but knew the German majority did not support war, so a group of hapless German convicts was dressed up in Polish army uniforms (by Tarpley’s account, also see these variations), marched to the Gleiwitz radio station, machine gunned to death, and their bodies arranged as if storming the building. Nazi agents then read an anti-German statement in Polish declaring Polish forces had invaded Gleiwitz and taken over the radio station. With this farce and related border stunts, Hitler invaded Poland the next day, September 1, 1939. “Wag the dog” anyone?
Errors about Conspiracy
Many Americans know that the JFK, RFK, MLK and other assassinations were inside jobs, and Nixon’s Watergate and Reagan’s Iran-Contra are proven conspiracies with criminal convictions. Blatant government murder of U.S. citizens occurred at Waco, Ruby Ridge and the Oklahoma City bombing. Yet fools and liars argue that the scale of 9/11 was too big to be an inside job because it would involve so many people. A conspirator would surely squeal and we would hear about it, goes the argument, and that has not happened.
JFK’s triangulation murder involved hundreds and nobody “ratted” that out in any substantial way, although Jack Ruby was close before he was found dead in his cell and dozens of deaths surrounded the case.
Here’s how large, insider conspiracies work:
- Conspiracies partnerships in crime are common: a corner drug deal is a conspiracy and one in four federal prosecutions include a conspiracy charge.
- Hundreds rather than thousands probably were necessary to pull off the 9/11 psychological operation.
- Many conspirators are ideologues committed to the idea that the 9/11 hoax would serve the interests of the nation. Worthy ends justify murderous means to this crowd. The human cost of 9/11 turned out to be “only” a month’s highway fatality toll and served the magnificent ends of starting a global war on terror, two invasions and more to come, billions more in defense spending, torture, new agencies, “Patriot” controls, domestic spying, enormous new contracts, more debt and many other attractive consequences.
- Many participants are cunning sociopaths (amoral) with the mindset of stone cold killers. They wear a suit or military uniform but have no respect for the lives of the “little people.” They are ruthless, witness the fool in the White House: “But all in all, it’s been a fabulous year for Laura and me,” a tone-deaf president declared in a December, 2001 interview. Only the trustworthy are at the center of the hub-spoke-and-wheel compartmentalization necessary in a complex conspiracy. Only the arrogant few at the hub know the big picture before hand.
- The most secretive regime in U.S. history puts a huge premium on personal loyalty and gets it.
- Most participants did not know in advance how “over-the-top” the twin tower demolitions was going to be. That job probably was contracted out to ruthless foreigners. Once done, it’s too late to get out.
- Any participant would hesitate to squeal after the event because disbelief, disgrace and grief would follow, at a minimum. The major media, inside 9/11 from the start, would discredit squealers, as necessary.
- Risk-taking behavior is always greater in groups than for lone individuals (psychology 101).
- Once involved in the plot, everyone is “in for good.”
- Conspirators face no threat of arrest, prosecution and punishment by the government’s justice system, a proven fact since government and media obstructed and trashed New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison’s JFK investigation and prosecution.
- Controllers discipline participants through $billions in black budgets and drug money, death threats, assassination and blackmail.
- Blatant and repeated resistance against truthful investigations, aided by obstruction of justice and abetted by media silencio, prove there is a lot to hide.
Consider one control technique among many: a very high CIA official died a few years ago and on good authority I know that he had a 7/24 CIA presence to protect against a deathbed confession in front of Hospice personnel. “I’m not into conspiracy theories,” says filmmaker Michael Moore, “only those that are true.”
The fundamental difficulty is not really disbelief about the ability to keep conspiracy secrets but disbelief that U.S. government officials could really collaborate in attacking America and taking all those innocent lives at the World Trade Center. This is naïve, because:
- Government is the instrument of social compulsion. Organized force is what government is. The belief that soft-hearted people rise to the top in government is akin to the belief that softies were whipping masters on slave plantations.
- Setting WTC bombs could easily have been contracted out to Mossad, otherwise known as “executioner to the world.” Killing? It’s what we do (because this is “life or death for Israel,” blah, blah, blah).
- People are taught that they control their government and live in a duh-mocracy but all governments are run by insiders, usually permanent and dominated by the paymasters. When policy or personnel really matter, international bankers call the tune for modern governments daily dependent on them for new loans and to refinance the old. These financiers look out for themselves and believe in a New World Order, a one-government world, and have no allegiance to America or its founding principles.
- The U.S. military oath requires an oath-taker to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” The enemy within the gate is key today and always, whether called conspiracy or not, not the enemy outside.
Skepticism about conspiracy, small or large, is somewhat beside the point in the case of 9/11 because the official Osama-and-nineteen-Arabs conspiracy tale is so farcical and impossible. Nearly everyone in America has easy access to the internet and hundreds of websites expose the 9/11 fraud. The analysis is out there and in a few dozen books, although the mainstream media ignores it all. Only government could have pulled off a psy-op this big, not a rag-tag band of Arab incompetents with no visible means of support, repeatedly running afoul of law enforcement in the field. All the intelligence services and other governments know the real story about who did 9/11. It is like an elephant in the living room, studiously ignored by insiders who keep quiet about it.
After thorough exposure via the Downing Street Memo and other irrefutable evidence about the Bush-Cheney lies to justify invading Iraq it takes a lot to remain ignorant about 9/11. It is not about a conspiracy too large to work. Ignorance increasingly has to be willful.
© 2006 Morgan Reynolds
This article appeared earlier on the website of Physics 911.
Some additional links to articles on this website have been embedded in the text.
Comment by Peter Meyer, July 4, 2006:
It is now over four years and nine months since about 3000 people were killed in the controlled demolition of the Twin Towers and the attack on the Pentagon. Those responsible for this atrocity have not been punished, they have not been convicted, they have not been arrested, they have not been indicted, they have not been placed under investigation (except, in the case of Cheney, for other crimes), they have not even officially been identified, and they remain where they were on that day among the top officials of the U.S. government and they continue to engage (directly or indirectly) in further atrocities, in particular, the destruction of Iraqi and Palestinian society (not to mention the terminal harm being done to U.S. society). That these criminals are still free after all this time is amazing, and it cries out for explanation.
Morgan Reynolds identifies some of the causes of this situation in the article above, mainly that Americans are generally a very ignorant people and that they are brainwashed to believe in the greatness of the United States. The ignorance of those who have been "educated" within the U.S. educational system has long been known to the rest of the world, and there is a good essay on this site on this subject by Andrew Gumbel, What Americans Know. They are, of course, so ignorant that they have no idea how ignorant they are. How many, for example, would know anything about the events that Morgan Reynolds lists above? And, of course, they are mostly totally ignorant of the fact that the United States (repeating the practices of earlier European colonial powers) has killed many millions of innocent civilians in the pursuit of its goal of world domination.
Andrew Gumbel also discusses how those who grow up on the U.S. are brainwashed into believing that theirs is the Greatest Nation on Earth, which can Do No Evil. In fact, evil is currently at the very heart of the U.S. government, a thought which is quite impossible for most Americans even to consider. They are afraid even to entertain the much easier thought that perhaps, just maybe, the U.S. government might have allowed 9/11 to occur. Once they allow themselves to think such thoughts then more disturbing ones quickly come, such as that the official story of 19 Arab hijackers cannot possibly be true. Once they start to take this seriously, and to ask themselves, if it wasn't Arab hijackers then who was it?, then they enter dangerous territory, since this question leads quickly to the conclusion that 9/11 could have occurred only if it had been planned and carried out by elements within the U.S. government itself (perhaps with some help from the Mossad and its many and ubiquitous American civilian agents). A thought which is not only seriously scary, but which leads to the question: If this is so, what does it mean for me (and perhaps for my children and their children), living in a country which is run by psychopaths and mass murderers? Psychologically then, it is not surprising that many Americans turn off their minds long before they reach this point.
This may be psychologically understandable, but not morally. He who suspects that evil is abroad in the land, but turns away from asking if it is really so, is complicit in that evil, allowing it to flourish. It is not necessary to go on TV and to state that the official story is bogus and that, for the sake of justice and the honor of the United States, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Myers and the other perps should be arrested and placed before a firing squad. It is sufficient simply to say to friends, neighbors and anyone who will listen that there are some odd things about the government's story of what happened on 9/11, and that it seems that the official story cannot be true (since the Twin Towers fell at free-fall speed, WTC7 collapsed for no known reason, the Pentagon could not possibly have been hit by a Boeing 757, etc.). Doubts once sown in minds which are not totally closed will soon grow into the awareness that the United States is in very serious trouble (perhaps terminally and fatally so), and that the freedom and well-being of future generations of U.S. citizens may not exist if nothing is done. What is to be done, basically, is to withhold allegiance to a government which is now (67 years on from the hoax used to justify the Nazi invasion of Poland), in Ronald Reagan's words, "the focus of evil in the modern world". As Mahatma Gandhi said,
You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul.
Those interested in further reading on points raised in Morgan Reynold's article may turn to the many 9/11 articles on this site, as well as to the many articles on other websites which reveal that the official story of 9/11 is a total lie, and why the atrocity of 9/11 was perpetrated.
A copy of the entire Serendipity website is available on CD-ROM. Details here.
The World Trade Center Demolition and the So-Called War on Terrorism Paranoid Shift Serendipity Home Page